It is a tradition in our family for as long as I can remember to make candy all through the Christmas season. Some years it's just a few batches of peanut brittle and some fudge, but I am going all out this year. I have 5 teenagers who are totally capable and willing to pull taffy, cut lemon drops and stretch and form peppermint sticks! It has really brought that Christmas feeling into our home and it always reminds me of Christmas's when I was young and my mom making candy. My great-grandfather was a brilliant candy maker/chocolatier and I was able to dig up a few photos of him and his wife teaching and some great newspaper articles. I am so grateful to have these and love that I can share these things with my kids. I don't have a lot of memory of grandpa Davenport, but the memories I do have all have to do with him making candy and sharing it with us. I know he didn't just make candy at Christmas time, but I am so thankful for the recipes and secrets he shared with us so I can have this tradition in my home every year!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago





1 comment:
My address is 8024 W Grand Ronde Avenue in case you need it. :)
Post a Comment