This past weekend on our way home we stopped off in Post Falls Idaho to see Davids parents, and were fortunate enough to be able to see our son Brad too. It occurred to me that not many of our new friends in Tri-Cities know Brad, so I thought I would introduce him. This is Brad! He is 20yrs old and the third of our eight kids. He currently lives in Coeur d'Alene Idaho. Brad, like his father, is an amazing trumpet player! I think he may even be a little better actually...sorry Dave! Dave is more of a contemporary/classical guy and Brad is all Jazz. He loves Jazz! He could play anything but he looooooooves Jazz. Brad is a very very smart young man. It used to drive me crazy that he could read something once and literally retain the info forever. It's amazing, yet a curse sometimes I think. He was always annoyed with homework and the petty in class stuff that is required but could ace a test blindly... no problem. He was always challenging teachers and wanting to know more...which annoyed them of course because sometimes he already knew more than they did. I got phone calls on more than one ocassion from teachers who felt disrespected by it. Brad marches to the beat of his own drum that is for sure, and I love that about him! We don't get to see Brad very often, so it was nice to spend a little time with him and catch up. We love you Brad and miss you everyday!
Banana Split Pudding Cups
2 months ago





3 comments:
glad you got to see him. What a nice picture too!
Ah. The famous Brad... I am honored to have "met" him. =] Maybe I'll actually have the opportunity to be graced by his presence at Christmas time when he comes to visit. We'll see.
Didn't know the men in your life play trumpet! My hubby Matt is a trumpet guy and majored in music in college but has a love for JAZZ also, not classical as much. Sorry Dave. Must be something about those trumpet players.
Post a Comment